Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mi Querido Primo

May 18,1977 - April 1,2007
It has been a year since my dear cousin departed this life in the physical sense. I say physical because he is still with me daily in spirit. Victor was an amazing cousin, a wonderful son, a dedicated grandson, a faithful brother, a sweet nephew, and a loving friend. He truly could make anyone smile. I never met anyone who did not love Victor right away. He made you want to be a better person. Even though I do not see him anymore in this life, I am comforted with the knowledge that I will see him again. Victor, I love you and miss you and I know that you continue to make those around you smile.
Each Life That Touches Ours For Good
(verses from a hymn)
What greater gift dost thou bestow, What greater goodness can we know, Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways, Strengthen our faith, enrich our days. When such a friend from us departs, we hold forever in our hearts , A sweet and hallowed memory, Bringing us nearer, Lord to thee.


Danielle said...

That was really nice, Marlina. I'm sure his family appreciates your sweet words. I can't believe it's been a year. That's a darling picture.

Susan said...

What a sweet tribute to your dear cousin. I'm sure it is soothing for all his loved ones to read your kind and loving words.

Geneva said...

I can't believe it has already been a year, what a nice tribute and picture you found.