Sunday, September 14, 2008

Casting call

Kiely has been in ballet since she was 3 years old. I think she is an amazing dancer. I know I am totally biased. Recently her ballet theatre had their casting call for the Nutcracker. After a long day of auditioning, she was casted as Clara. If you are not familiar with the Nutcracker ballet, Clara is the one of the lead dancers. Kiely was so excited. She could not hold back her tears. All those years of ballet had finally paid off. Hailey will also be performing. She is going to be a party girl. She is super excited to be in the ballet with Kiely. I am so looking forward to seeing both my girls on stage. We are so proud of our girls, but especially Kiely!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow--congrats to both of your little ballerinas. Your Kiely amazes me. There aren't many people who excel at everything. She really is a great kid.

The Stephens Family said...

Congratulations, Kiely! We can't wait to come see you in the show!
Melissa

Danielle said...

That is awesome! Congratulations Kiely and Hailey, too! I sure wish we could be there to see those cute girls dancing! Maybe we'll need to make a special trip just for it!!

Kristen said...

That is so great! Congratulations to Kiely. I'm sure that she will be fabulous. Marlina, I hear you are coming out this weekend. I can't wait to see you!

jbel said...

Hey that's great! Congrats to the kiddo-who is now a pre-teen!

Carolann said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! What a cute family. Where do your girls go to ballet?

Danielle said...

Hey--I just tagged you, check out my blog for details. Now you HAVE to update your blog!

Gerilyn said...

Hi;

congratulations to Kiely--Leah told me about her part, and that is so exciting. I wish we could be there to see her! I sure miss our days of talking and running and hanging out together. Life is too busy, isn't it? Let's talk and catch up! Love and miss you, Gerilyn