Monday, December 15, 2008

We are so proud!!

Words can not describe how proud Lance and I are of Kiely. In October she auditioned for The Nutcracker and was asked to be Clara. Kiely was thrilled and so were we. Since that time Kiely has put in so many hours of rehearsal time into perfecting her part. She has somehow managed to keep her G.P.A at a 4.17, handle her responsibilities as freshmen class president and keep up with seminary. Lance and I could not hold back the tears as she came on to stage as Clara. She looked beautiful and danced amazing. All the hours of rehearsal and sacrafice had paid off. After the show she got into the car and Lance told her he had never been more proud of her then he was tonight. She got teary eyed and knew how much we love her and support her in her ballet. Last night was her last performance, it was bitter sweet. I was glad to have life be a little normal but sad to see her last performance as Clara. She is already thinking about what she will be casted as next year!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

She is such a beautiful girl! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She was just a few months old when I met you guys! You must be proud- I am, too!

Good job, Kiely! We love you and are so glad you are the oldest cousin because you set such a good example for all the younger ones! Can't wait to see you at the baptism!

Shannon said...

Kiely is beautiful and must be very talented! I can't believe she is that young woman in the picture. Hailey looks like I remember her. Glad you got in touch with us!

The Stephens Family said...

You did a beautiful job Kiely! It was so fun to watch you. I vote for the snow queen next year... you'd be fabulous at anything!
Melissa

Geneva said...

Sorry we missed the big night Kiely! You are such a great example to Hanna. She adores you and so do I!

jbel said...

GORGEOUS photo of GORGEOUS Kiely. What a star in all aspects of her life. Props to mom and dad because we all know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

Wilde ones said...

Wow. That would've been really nice to go see. Congratulations, Kiely. Looks like it was an amazing time.

Beth said...

I just read all of your posts! I love keeping up with the people I love. You have an amazing family!

Lisa said...

Kiely is so beautiful! What an amazing, talented daughter you have!

Lynn said...

That is so neat. She looks so so beautiful and graceful - and I'm sure she is considering she landed the prime role!

And I can imagine your pride as parents. I already gush over with pride and Avery just started ballet and does really awkward plies. But I love it.