Friday, July 10, 2009

Radiology graduation party

Susan and I



All wet!!


Lance has recently completed his Radiology residency. We are so happy. It has been a long road. 4 years at BYU, 4 years of medical school and 5 years of residency. Lance has been so dedicated to his studies and has sacraficed so much. Through it all he still managed to be an amazing father and a wonderful husband. Lance just recently turned 34 and he reminded me that we now have known each other for 20 years. We attended the end of the year party were they say farewell to the residents. Traditionally they also get thrown into the pool. He was prepared because he handed me his cell phone and wallet before the party started. Lance told me that recently he was speaking to some residents who have just graduated and they said, " now we can start enjoying life". We talked about how sad that statement was. Lance and I stil managed to enjoy life and be a family through the last 13 years.

* On a side note, in case you are wondering why I have the same outfit on in the last 2 posts. It is because we went straight from the birthday party to the graduation party! I do own more than one outfit!


7 comments:

Beth said...

That's wonderful! Now what? Are you staying where you are? Does he have to work for the government for 7 years? I can't remember the detail. I'm glad you could enjoy life while all this was going on.

Geneva said...

Way to go Lance...take your wife shopping now....were concerned with her limited wardrobe....just joking!!

Wilde ones said...

Congrats on finishing residency! Are you staying put at Travis or are they sending you somewhere else? 1 more year for us - we're almost there.

jbel said...

I can't get over how much Kiley has grown into a young woman! Ah. Scary that I knew her before she was even baptized ... now that makes me feel old!
So glad you have been able to live by family too. We feel it has been the greatest blessing of our married life aside from our children.

Christine said...

What an accomplishment! I'm so happy for Lance and your family! 20 years of knowing each other? That's incredible!

Lynn said...

Congratulations! To both of you.

April said...

Congrats on being done. What is next for you guys? Found you though Christina's blog. I sure do miss you Vacavillians!