Monday, May 21, 2012

Backstage Mom



Kiely had the privilege of being casted as, Alice in "Alice in Wonderland". The Vacaville Ballet Company always does such a fabulous job on their productions. It was her last performance in Vacaville. I was a emotional wreck as I gave her one last hug for her final curtain call. I knew I would be emotional but I was not prepared for how sad I would really be. I have always helped backstage and loved being involved as much as I could in her ballet life. It has become a tradition for me to put on her eyelashes before every show. It was not a planned one but it just became one. Kiely has danced since the age of 3. It has been such a joy to watch her perform for so many years. It seems like I just took her to her first dance class. I am so proud of my girl!!!

2 comments:

Geneva said...

I've been thinking about you lots these past few weeks, as you do the last ballet performance, graduation, prom, all the senior stuff. She is such a great kid....such a tribute to two really AMAZING parents.

Christine said...

These past weeks is a lot to take in for you and Lance. Seems like every week was a big event for Kiely. Truly a time for reflection when she was a little girl and the woman she is now. She had a great Senior year for sure!